Department: Development & Fundraising
Reports to Chief Executive Officer
To build and develop fundraising relationships in the community, by providing excellent stewardship and support to our Fundraising Groups and volunteers, in order to increase income and deliver the agreed Community Fundraising strategy for Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care (PBNHC).
CEO & Director of Development and Trustees
Community Fundraising colleagues
Fundraising Groups and Volunteers
Senior Volunteers and Patrons
Regionally based fundraising groups
Central Administration team
Hospice Managers, Clinical Nurse Managers and other key PBNHC staff
Supporters & Development Committee
Local community contacts
External fundraising networks and contacts from other charities.
Corporate & Foundation representatives
Duties & Responsibilities
Maintain and develop the Fundraising Group and Volunteer network
• Identify, research and form new fundraising groups in the community by organising community days and meeting potential volunteers face to face
• Create and deliver an annual volunteer recruitment plan to grow numbers of volunteers in dedicated roles
• Induct, train and manage volunteers
• Maintain and develop relationships with Patrons and ensure appropriate support for key initiatives
Build and maintain strong fundraising relationships
• Provide support to existing supporters, encouraging repeat or on-going activity
• Proactively seek new support for PBNHC in the local community
• Build relationships with local community groups and give talks where possible to encourage their support and adoption of PBNHC support
• Identify and follow up prospects
• Represent the charity confidently in a range of formal and informal settings
• Support high value event participants to achieve their targets.
• Provide excellent supporter service to enquirers from members of the public, via phone, mail and in person, and encourage their support
• Promote PBNHC fundraising activities to new supporters including workplaces, schools/universities, churches, institutes etc.
• Provide fundraising support to local branches of companies supporting PBNHC at a regional or national level
• Build relationships with PBNHC’s Retail staff and volunteers and support their initiatives
• Build relationships with the local media including press, radio and digital, to gain coverage for PBNHC
• Proactively use the fundraising database (Harlequin) to develop and manage supporter relations
• Work with PBNHC staff e.g. Nursing service staff, hospice staff and shop managers, to increase awareness of and support for activities.
• Maintain a good, up to date working knowledge of local service provision
Promote and organise PBNHC key campaigns at a local level
• Manage the appeal collections at a local level
• Manage all public collections and the collection tin campaign at a local level
• Manage the agreed community fundraising element of any regional campaigns
• Promote the gifts in will message to supporters.
Deliver the income target
• Contribute to and deliver against annual budgets, targets and plans
• Monitor on-going performance against agreed plans
• Provide the Development Director with timely updates on performance and produce a monthly fundraising report
• Ensure updated reporting on fundraising group and volunteer recruitment plans
• Contribute to the preparation of annual budgets and plans as required
• Ensure that accurate and up to date financial and supporter records are maintained and are accessible
• Provide reports and information about activity, performance, supporters, volunteers etc. as necessary and upon request
• Work to PBNHC policies, procedures and adhere to legal frameworks
• Receive, record, bank and process income in accordance with policies and procedures
• Undertake administrative duties as required in support of the core product portfolio.
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, all PBHC employees should be aware of their specific responsibilities towards the following:
• PBNHC is committed to encouraging volunteering throughout the organisation and as such the post holder will be expected to support and respect volunteers and may be asked to work alongside or supervise a volunteer as part of their role whilst working at PBNHC.
• Adhere to all health and safety and fire regulations and to co-operate with the Charity in maintaining good standards of health and safety.
• Adhere to all PBNHC policies and procedures always
• Actively promote and support the safeguarding of vulnerable adults, young people and children, observing and adhering to PBHC policies on safeguarding
• Uphold ethical and professional standards and not behave in a manner that is likely to bring the Charity into disrepute.
• Promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within the Charity.
• Demonstrate a commitment to on-going learning and continuing professional development
• For designated roles, the post holder will be responsible for health & safety, business continuity planning and/or risk management. (These responsibilities will be notified on appointment).
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the charity at any time after discussion with the post holder.
Please send a covering email along with your CV for the attention of Graham Tuttle to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How will this be assessed
|Skills / Abilities||Able to provide good stewardship to supporters|
Able to understand volunteer needs and motivations and develop them
Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
Good communication and presentation skills
Able to build and maintain good working relationships with people
Able to prioritise, plan and organise own workload
Able to work to targets, plans and budgets
Good IT skills including word processing, email and data recording/database use
|Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills|
Able to plan and organise activities and campaigns, including marketing/PR
Sound information gathering and analytical skills
Customer relationship database management
|CV / Interview / Presentation|
|Knowledge||In depth knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures|
Awareness of how to motivate and support volunteers, supporters etc.
Knowledge of fundraising operational procedures (e.g. health & safety, financial, volunteer etc.)
Knowledge of how to use media to promote fundraising.
|In depth knowledge of marketing, PR etc. principles|
Understanding of strategic planning.
|Qualifications, training and education||Five GCSE’s (grade C or above) or equivalent, including English and Mathematics OR|
Demonstrable literacy and numeracy.
|Educated to A level standard or equivalent|
Holds a relevant professional qualification
Member of a relevant professional body.
|CV / Certificate of qualification / Test (as applicable)|
|Experience||Has experience of recruiting and managing volunteers and fundraising groups|
Has raised funds in a community setting on a paid or voluntary basis or has worked in a related discipline (e.g. PR, marketing, sales, project management etc.)
Has provided fundraising ideas and advice to supporters
Has worked as part of a team
Experience of setting and working to budgets, targets and plans
Experience of co-ordinating collections
Has engaged different audiences in fundraising activity e.g. workplace, schools
Has worked with local press/media and has done press releases, photo ops etc.
|Has successfully managed an income and expenditure budget|
Has experience of implementing national campaigns at a local level.
|Other requirements||Car owner/driver and holds full UK License|
Will be required to work frequent evenings and weekends as required by the Fundraising Manager