The new hospice
The investment of £12.5 million in Priscilla Bacon Hospice will provide Norfolk with the specialist hospice care it needs.
The new Priscilla Bacon Hospice will be built on a semi-rural site close to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital.
The new building will offer:
- An inpatient centre with modern facilities and capacity for 24 beds
- Family rooms for relatives and patients with young children, so families can stay together towards the end of life
- Landscaped gardens for patients and visitors, accessible from bedrooms and wards
- Enhanced public areas, including a ‘Warm Heart of the Hospice’ – a dining room for patients and their relatives
- Improved day care and outpatient facilities
- Education and seminar facilities coordinated in conjunction with our partners to train staff, carers and patients
- A dedicated ‘Hospice at Home’ centre for specialist care delivered in the community, in partnership with hospitals and care homes
- Complementary therapy suites for patients, families and children
- Counselling for all age groups and needs
The hospice will also have an important role in research, training and education. As well as the NNUH, it will be adjacent to the University of East Anglia and the internationally-renowned Norwich Research Park. Priscilla Bacon Hospice will make a unique contribution to developing and improving palliative care across the country and beyond.