Do something amazing this Christmas – come and join us to help raise funds for 2 local charities, spread some festive cheer and have fun! Lace up your trainers and take part in our Festive 5K Family Fun Run!
This brand new event will take place on Sunday 5th December, around the grounds at Pensthorpe Natural Park. Proceeds will be split between Priscilla Bacon Hospice and the Pensthorpe Conservation Trust.
This is a Fun Run and not a race, so it is not timed. Whilst there are medals for all finishers, there are no prizes for being first across the line.
There will however, be a prize of a free family day out to Pensthorpe for the best fancy dress! We encourage all participants to wear something festive – this could be a Santa hat, antlers, Christmas jumper, tinsel, or whatever you fancy!
The 5K route is a single lap around areas of Pensthorpe Natural Park which are not normally open to the public.
Entry costs £15 per adult (16 years+), children aged 5-15 years £7.50 and under 5s free.
All participants will receive:
- A medal
- A soft drink/water voucher to redeem in the café
- Reduced entry to Pensthorpe Natural Park on the day of the event – half price entry for participating adults and 20% off for family/friends who come to support the runners
Facilities at the event:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- We will ensure that this event takes place in line with any Covid-19 regulations in place at the time. Please do not attend the event if you are showing any symptoms attributable to Covid-19.
- Sections of the trail can get muddy with puddles and will accumulate leaves, so may not be suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Please contact us ahead of signing up if you have any questions, or would like to discuss this and we will do our very best to advise you.
- Due to nesting wildlife, unfortunately no dogs are permitted at the event.