The new Priscilla Bacon Hospice
The new Priscilla Bacon Hospice will be built on land adjacent to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. It will act as the hub from which outreach work across the county will be coordinated.
The investment of £12.5 million in Priscilla Bacon Hospice will provide Norfolk with the specialist hospice care it needs.
The new building will offer:
- An in-patient centre with modern facilities and capacity for 24 in-patient beds
- Family rooms for relatives and patients with young children, so families can stay together towards the end of life
- Landscaped gardens accessible from bedrooms and wards for patients, relatives and visitors
- Enhanced public areas, including a ‘Warm Heart of the Hospice’, providing a dining room for patients and their relatives
- Improved day care and outpatients facilities
- Education and seminar facilities coordinated in conjunction with our partners to train staff, carers and patients
- A dedicated ‘Hospice at Home’ centre for specialist care delivered in the community and in partnership with hospitals and care homes
- Complementary therapy suites for patients, families and children
- Counselling and therapy for all age groups and needs
- Research space, to ensure that staff can continue to research new treatments and support participation in clinical trials
The hospice will be built and maintained by the Priscilla Bacon Hospice charity.
In the last year, Priscilla Bacon Lodge and the Hospice at Home team supported 10,000 palliative care service users.
How can you help?
We are nothing without our supporters. Whether you want to take part in an event, raise money, or give your time as a volunteer, you can help to shape the future of hospice care in Norfolk.
There are many ways you can help us – click below to find out more: