Do you enjoy searching for treasure?
Do you have an eye for detail and enjoy being creative?
Do you enjoy meeting and chatting to new people?
A few hours of your time can make such a difference, as 93 pence of every £1.00 raised will help to build the new hospice.
What we offer you:
Becoming a volunteer can provide many personal benefits and can also help with career development. It is also a great way to meet people, make friends and become a vital part of the team making a real difference helping other people.
As a Priscilla Bacon Hospice Shop Volunteer, we will help you to:
- Learn and develop visual merchandising
- Increase personal confidence
- Become a vital part of the team recognising your skills as a unique individual
- Use and develop your problem-solving abilities
- Meet new people, build working relationships and make new friends
What we will expect of you:
- Honesty and reliability
- A customer focused approach
- To work as a team member and give general support to achieving all aims and objectives
- The ability to accept and follow instructions
- Regular commitment to the planned staffing rota
- Support the aims and values of our organisation
- Valuing the opinions of others
- Respecting diversity and practising equal opportunities
- Demonstrating a positive approach to ever changing situations
What can you expect to be doing:
The tasks in a retail charity shop are many and varied as new stock is arriving all the time that has to be selected, prepared and displayed to the best advantage. No two days are alike, but we can offer you the chance to:
- Provide top quality customer service including till work, processing sales and gift aid details
- Undertake stock processing and preparation – including sorting, steaming and pricing where necessary
- Undertake visual merchandising; creating and maintaining high standards of displays
- Keeping all stock and shop premises clean, tidy and inviting for the general public
- Replenishing stock on the shop floor and keeping levels commensurate with sales targets
- Undertaking general administrative tasks such as stocktaking, basic sales records etc.