Do something amazing this Christmas – come and join us to help raise funds for 2 local charities, spread some festive cheer and have fun! Lace up your trainers and take part in our Festive 5K Family Fun Run!
This brand new event will take place on Sunday 5th December, around the grounds at Pensthorpe Natural Park. Proceeds will be split between Priscilla Bacon Hospice and the Pensthorpe Conservation Trust.
This is a Fun Run and not a race, so it is not timed. Whilst there are medals for all finishers, there are no prizes for being first across the line.
There will however, be a prize of a free family day out to Pensthorpe for the best fancy dress! We encourage all participants to wear something festive – this could be a Santa hat, antlers, Christmas jumper, tinsel, or whatever you fancy!
The 5K route is a single lap around areas of Pensthorpe Natural Park which are not normally open to the public.
Entry costs £15 per adult (16 years+), children aged 5-15 years £7.50 and under 5s free.
All participants will receive:
- A medal
- A soft drink/water voucher to redeem in the café
- Reduced entry to Pensthorpe Natural Park on the day of the event – half price entry for participating adults and 20% off for family/friends who come to support the runners
Facilities at the event:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- We will ensure that this event takes place in line with any Covid-19 regulations in place at the time. Please do not attend the event if you are showing any symptoms attributable to Covid-19.
- Sections of the trail can get muddy with puddles and will accumulate leaves, so may not be suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Please contact us ahead of signing up if you have any questions, or would like to discuss this and we will do our very best to advise you.
- Due to nesting wildlife, unfortunately no dogs are permitted at the event.
If you would like a Priscilla Bacon Hospice t-shirt to complete your challenge in, we would be delighted to send you one free of charge. Please e-mail Claire at email@example.com to get yours.
We have a very limited number of FREE places in the 2021 Virtual London Marathon! Simply raise a minimum of £100 for the new hospice appeal in return. This event has now sold out and the only way to get a place is via a charity. We will provide you with a Priscilla Bacon Hospice t-shirt or vest to run in and you will receive an official race number to wear. You will also receive a coveted finisher’s medal and London Marathon t-shirt post-event.
If you would like a place, please e-mail Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE VIRGIN MONEY LONDON MARATHON – YOUR RUN, YOUR WAY!
The first virtual Virgin Money London Marathon was held in 2020, when 37,966 runners completed the event, which was awarded an official Guinness World Records title for the Most users to run a remote marathon in 24 hours. Following on from this success, participants are again invited to run the 26.2 miles their way, joining up to 50,000 runners up and down the UK – and across the world.
The virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon will take place on Sunday 3 October and participants will have 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds (from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 BST) to complete the distance, which they can choose to run, walk or jog – participants of all abilities are welcome.
ENHANCING THE VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
While the Official Virgin Money London Marathon App, powered by TCS, will allow all participants to track and log their 26.2 miles, its special features will really help bring the virtual experience to life, with an exclusive audio commentary featuring famous voices providing a memorable soundtrack to the day.
All runners in the virtual Virgin Money London Marathon will also be sent an official running number in the post before the event, which they can wear on Sunday 3rd October to ensure they get cheers of support from the communities they run through.
A CHANCE TO BE CREATIVE
In addition, those taking part in the virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon will be able to be creative with the challenge that lies ahead – something that’s emphasised by the event strapline: Your Run, Your Way.
Ideas for personalising the virtual experience include:
• Being dropped 26.2 miles from home and running back to a hero’s welcome
• Completing each mile with a different running buddy, sharing the challenge with friends and family
• Getting together with a group of friends to walk the 26.2 miles together
• Creating a unique course that visits the homes of friends and family so they can set up outdoor drinks stations for a refuel and catch-up over an energy bar
With loved ones and their community supporting them, participants in the virtual event will be joining many thousands of runners in the biggest-ever celebration of everything the London Marathon embodies – fun, fundraising, fancy-dress and human togetherness, all over the world.
• There is no single winner – it’s a winning team. That way, everybody’s efforts are recognised.
• Each runner runs/walks for one hour or multiples of one hour (these can be consecutive or spread over the day and are subject to local guidelines)
• First runners/walkers start at 6am; last runners/walkers start at 10pm (event finishes at 11pm)
• Runners can only run, jog, walk… no bikes!
• A maximum of nine runners/walkers can run during each hour (a minimum of one runner/walker for each hour)
• Each runner can run anywhere and on any safe route
• There’s no traditional baton handover – don’t pass it on! — but each runner MUST carry a baton for the full hour
• The baton is of each runner’s choosing, the more random and eccentric the better… A flower pot? A cucumber? A guitar?
• If you want to enter the competition for the best baton, upload a picture to the Norfolk Gazelle’s Facebook event page here
• Each runner starts their run at their allotted time
• Club runners should wear club kit if they have it
• Social distancing rules must be followed
• Time slots run after sundown must wear hi-vis and lights
• All participants run at their own risk
Update 22nd March 2022 – due to some of our runners having to drop out of the event, we now have 3 spare places.
The first 3 people to e-mail email@example.com can secure a place, so please be quick if you are interested!
If all of our places are allocated, we would still love to have you on board and you can run for us using your own purchased place. We will provide you with fundraising support, a free branded t-shirt/vest, iron-on letters for your shirt, and a pin badge.
You can join our JustGiving fundraising team page by clicking here.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you would like to join our team of runners. We look forward to hearing from you!
This amazing, unique event is back in Norwich for 2022!
Boing, bounce, crawl, climb and slide your way around a 5K course featuring some of the largest, most extreme and enjoyable inflatables ever created. Suitable for participants and families of all athletic abilities and it is not a race, it’s all about having fun!
Our Start Wave time is 11:30am.
Finishers receive a medal, pair of socks, multifunctional headscarf and snack bar.
If you can raise at least £100 in sponsorship money, we can offer you a FREE place and a branded t-shirt or vest!
Please e-mail email@example.com to get your place, by 10am on Thursday 31st March 2022.
The easiest way to collect donations is online. We work with JustGiving and you can join our team page for this event here.
If you would like child places, (5-15yrs), you can either agree to raise another £100 per place and they will be free of charge, or you can pay for children at a discounted cost of £16 each – payable to the charity – and there will be no fundraising obligation.
Please be aware that parking on-site is charged at £5 per car, cash only. Bag drop is available for £3.
We can’t wait to see you there!