Deputy Manager - Sheringham Shop
It is an exciting time to join the retail arm of our charity, Priscilla Bacon Retail Ltd., with ambitious targets for building the new Priscilla Bacon Hospice. This position is based at our Sheringham shop, (79 Station Road, NR26 8RG), and would suit somebody who is able to work flexible days.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting shop manager as required and managing the store in their absence
- Opening and closing the shop
- Maintaining high visual merchandising standards
- Routine stock management
- Assisting the manager in recruiting volunteers and ensuring that appropriate training is made available
- Till use, cashing up, banking
- Administrative tasks as necessary
- Assisting the manager in ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained
- 0 hour contact
- Part time – 7 hour shifts
- Salary – £8.75 per hour
- Employers pension scheme available
- Required to work flexible days, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will have:
- An engaged approach to the values of the charity
- Retail experience
- Great communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to supervise, manage and support volunteers
- Cash handling, administrative and record keeping skills
- A basic level of computer literacy
- A willingness to work flexibly across multiple teams
Applicants should send a covering letter and copy of their CV to Jordan Codling, Retail & Distribution Manager, by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to: Priscilla Bacon Retail Ltd, c/o 9-11 Drayton High Road, Norwich NR8 6AH.
Closing date: Monday 7th September 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing 14th September
Online Retail Volunteer
Come and help us run our expanding online retail empire!
Duties will include:
- Researching and pricing of donated items
- Taking photographs and writing copy for listings
- Posting items for sale on websites such as eBay, Facebook and Gumtree
- Assisting with the promotion of our online selling platforms and stock
- Packing and postage of items
- Related administration tasks
You will be part of a small, friendly team, helping to make a difference to the future of hospice care in Norfolk and Waveney.
Days available are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hours can be arranged to suit you.
The role will initially be based in Drayton, Norwich, with some capacity for home working if wanted.
Full training will be provided. Prior experience in charity or other retail work, along with the use of online selling platforms would be preferred.
To apply, please download an application form below and e-mail it to Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.