A Gift in Your Will
Do something amazing today and leave a gift in your Will to transform the future of hospice care in Norfolk
Make a Free Will
Make a Free Will Online
Fewer than 1 in 3 people who want to leave a gift in their Will get around to doing it. You can do so safely and securely online in minutes, at no cost to you, by going to www.makeawillonline.co.uk/priscillabacon. Every Will is checked by a qualified solicitor and you can call their helplines at any time.
When you make a Will online using the link above, we find out when a Will is made and what gifts are left. You can also opt in to share your name and contact details with us. This is very helpful and lets us say “thank you”.
We understand some supporters like to keep gifts completely confidential. Use this link to make a will online without any data sharing.
Either way – every gift we receive is enormously valuable and we thank you for your generosity.
See a solicitor
If you have a solicitor, you can speak to them to update your Will to leave a gift. It is very simple to complete a brief codicil adding a gift to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity. Download our handy codicil form at the bottom of this page.
If you don’t have a solicitor and you fall into the following categories, you can find a solicitor at the Law Society. The categories are (a) if you have a high value estate (definition here) (b) if you have complex requirements or needs (c) if you have concerns around mental capacity and/or a challenge to your Will or (d) if you’d simply rather speak to someone face to face.
Make sure your solicitor uses our full details. Our full charity name is Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Limited, our charity number is 1166579, and our registered address is 7 The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DJ.
Why should you make a Will?
There are several good reasons. Many people assume that if they die; their spouse, partner, or children will automatically inherit everything, but this may not be the case. If you don’t have a Will when you die, your money and possessions will be shared out according to law, rather than what you would like.
Making a Will ensures your family, friends and any charities you care about receive what you wish them to. This could be specific items, amounts of money, or a share of your estate.
Your Will can also set out your preferred funeral arrangements and allows you to appoint a guardian for any children you have. This provides peace of mind both for you and your family, knowing your wishes are being fulfilled.
What difference can I make?
The new Priscilla Bacon Lodge a state-of-the-art 24 bed facility and hub for the ‘Hospice at Home’ service, built adjacent to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. By leaving a gift in your Will, you can help ensure future generations in Norfolk benefit from the best possible care.
Leaving a gift is simple and tax efficient. Any gift you leave to the Charity is free from Inheritance Tax.
Types of gift you might consider
We strongly recommend you seek professional legal advice to ascertain which would be most appropriate for you and your family.
- A share of your estate (also known as a residuary gift): after providing for your loved ones; the remainder, (or a specific percentage of the value), of your estate is left to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity after taxes, other bequests and debts are paid.
- A cash gift (also known as a pecuniary gift): a specific amount of money is left to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity. You can index link the amount, in order to protect it from the effects of inflation.
- A reversionary gift: this provides for your family first, then benefits the hospice at a later date.
- A conditional gift: your estate would pass to the Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity in the eventuality that no named beneficiary survives you.
- A specific gift: you can leave items of value other than sums of money – such as stocks and shares, property or jewellery – to the Charity. In many cases, the charity would seek to realise the monetary value of the gift, if permitted by the terms of the Will.
Your generosity will enable our patients to live well and make the most of their remaining time with their loved ones.