Fundraise for the new hospice
Fundraise for us
For over 40 years, Priscilla Bacon Lodge has helped numerous families by caring for their loved ones. Many of our fundraisers have a personal connection to someone who has received care – either a family member, friend or colleague. Fundraising for us can honour the memory of someone you have lost and help build the new hospice to provide care for future generations.
Creating your very own event that is unique to you is a fun and rewarding way to really make a difference. It could be a large event through your community group, a smaller occasion for your friends and family, or a solo challenge!
Norfolk and Waveney has an amazing history of fundraising for projects supporting the local community. By organising an event, you will bring people together and raise money for the new hospice, which will benefit the residents of Norfolk and Waveney for years to come.
We’d love to hear about your fundraising events and challenges! We can also help to promote them on our website and social media channels. Just let us know what you are up to by clicking here.
There are many ways to fundraise and our Fundraising Team are on hand to help you with ideas. You might decide to undertake a challenge – something sporty, shaving your head, or giving up something you enjoy for a while. Or you may prefer something a bit more traditional; like holding a bake sale, pub quiz or coffee morning. We have fundraising support materials available for download at the bottom of this page and if you need anything else, please get in touch here.
One of the easiest and most effective ways to raise funds is online. Whatever you’re planning – swimming the Channel, walking the Great Wall of China, organising a birthday bash, or raising money in someone’s memory – setting up an online fundraising page provides an easy and safe way to collect donations or sponsorship.
We work with JustGiving and the money you raise is passed on to us without the need for any further input from you. Set up a fundraising page to benefit the new hospice appeal by clicking the button below:
Handy hints for success!
- Set a target on your page as this helps to encourage greater levels of generosity. It should be a challenging amount, but realistic, and you can always update it later.
- Add your ‘offline’ donations to your fundraising page, so the most accurate total is displayed.
- Make your page personal, with photos and information about your fundraising and why you are supporting us.
- Update your page with photos or stories about your progress, so those who are supporting you are fully engaged with your efforts.
- Share your online giving link and fundraising success on social media. Ask your followers and friends to like, share and retweet to extend its reach.
- You can set up a Team Page if you are fundraising as a group, so you can display a cumulative total as well as your individual totals.
- JustGiving also has a great list of tips here.