Priscilla Bacon Lodge
Care at Priscilla Bacon Lodge is wholly provided by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust, and all staff and volunteers providing care are employed by and acting on behalf of Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust.
If your complaint relates to care received at Priscilla Bacon Lodge, please contact Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust: email@example.com.
Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity
Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd, (registered charity number 1166579), is an independent charity that was set up to fundraise for and build a new hospice on an 8-acre site near to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. This building replaces the original Priscilla Bacon Lodge on Unthank Road in Norwich.
Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd. aims to provide its members, organisations and individuals with the best possible service. We positively welcome suggestions you may have for how we can improve our service.
Usually, a word with the person at the point of service delivery will suffice. However, we recognise that from time to time there may be occasions when users of our services feel that the quality or level of service provided falls short of what they could reasonably expect. We also want to know about these occasions, so that we can make good the problem and plan to avoid its repetition.
If you have a complaint, we would like you to tell us about it.
This is what you should do:
1. If you have a complaint to make, it should be made to Sandra Dinneen, Strategic Project Advisor*, who will try to resolve the issue informally.
2. If the issue is serious, or you are not satisfied after raising it with Sandra Dinneen, you should make a formal complaint.
3. Your complaint should be made in writing, marked “Private & Confidential” and sent to Sandra Dinneen, either by post to:
Priscilla Bacon Hospice Charity, Priscilla Bacon Lodge, Century Place, Colney, Norwich NR4 7YA.
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sandra Dinneen will acknowledge it in writing, normally within 7 days of receipt. Remember to keep a copy of your letter. If you need an interpreter or advocate to help you make your complaint, Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd. can arrange this for you.
4. Sandra Dinneen shall, in consultation with the Chair of the Trustee Board, investigate the complaint.
5. Sandra Dinneen shall communicate the results of the investigation to you within a reasonable time, normally 21 days.
6. You have the right, if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry, to put your case in writing, or personally, to a panel comprising at least three members from the Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd. Trustee Board. If attending personally, you have the right to be accompanied by a friend or advocate to help put your case. The panel also has the right to have an advisor present.
7. The decision of the panel will be final.
8. Where appropriate, Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd. will make a written apology to the complainant, and agree any further action necessary to make good the cause of the complaint.
9. All formal complaints and the response made to them will be recorded and filed in a secure place.
10. The Trustee Board shall be informed by Sandra Dinneen, at the first available meeting, of the number and nature of any formal complaints and their outcome, and consideration will be given to the implications these have for the planning and management of future services annually, as part of Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care Ltd. self-evaluation.
11. If your complaint relates to fundraising and you are not satisfied with our response, you can complain to the Fundraising Regulator by clicking here.
* if a complaint relates to Sandra Dinneen, read “Chair of Trustees” for “Sandra Dinneen”.
Review date: February 2025