We are looking for keen photographers who would like to see their photos included in a 2022 charity calendar!
The competition is open to all and we hope people will capture positive images to show a snapshot of their local environment, homes, or gardens during lockdown. A selection of submitted images will be displayed on our website and the best ones will be reproduced as both a calendar and a selection of greetings cards to raise funds for the new hospice appeal.
We have chosen the following themes for the competition: ‘Norfolk’, ‘Compassion’, ‘Pink’ and ‘Snowdrops’. Just as the snowdrop symbolises hope, being the first flower to bloom after winter, we believe these everyday images will capture a spirit of hopefulness for the future.
We have teamed up with local photographer, Julia Holland from All About Image, who has kindly agreed to provide a photo shoot for the winning entrant and will judge the competition. In conjunction with the photo shoot, a makeup and styling session has been offered by long-term charity supporter Jarrold, to help make the winner’s experience even more memorable.
The photography competition is open to amateurs and professionals alike and there is a separate judging category for children up to the age of 13. Entry closes on Wednesday 31st March 2021. We are suggesting a donation of £3.00 for each submitted image, for entrants over the age of 13, which will help raise funds to build the new Priscilla Bacon Hospice.
All entries to be considered for the calendar must be landscape format, but to appear on a greeting card, the entries can be landscape or portrait in format.
All photographers whose images are selected for the calendar or greeting cards will receive a copy of the calendar.
Please note everyone participating in Priscilla Bacon Hospice’s Photography Competition should follow Government guidelines regarding Covid-19 and social distancing.
How to enter
See the entries so far!
A selection of entries received are displayed at the links below.
Please kindly note that due to the volume of entries received, (thank you!), we are only able to display a limited number and those displayed are not indicative of any kind of shortlist.
Terms and Conditions
It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- This competition is open to anyone, including Priscilla Bacon Hospice Staff, Volunteers, and relatives.
- The subject of the photograph submitted must have a link to one of the prescribed themes; “Norfolk”, “Compassion”, “Pink” and “Snowdrops”.
- Photographs can be manipulated/enhanced by software, but the original photo must be the work of the entrant.
- All images submitted, if they are to be considered for the calendar, must be in landscape format, a high resolution and saved at their original size, as large as permissible (min size 300dpi) – click here to learn how to check the dpi of your images. Images can be in landscape or portrait format if they are to be considered for the charity greeting cards.
- Please ensure all entries are submitted by the advertised closing date of 31st March 2021. Any entries submitted after this time cannot be considered part of the competition.
- The suggested donation of £3.00 per image for all entrants over the age of 13 will help to raise funds for the fundraising campaign to build the new Priscilla Bacon Hospice.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject, and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must guarantee that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, licence to Priscilla Bacon Norfolk Hospice Care to feature the images in any of the charity’s publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition, or any means the charity wishes to pursue that will raise additional funds for the charity.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person. We recommend the website https://wetransfer.com for submitting multiple entries.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and winners’ names may be disclosed in post-competition publicity. All featured photographers will receive a copy of the calendar.
- Please note everyone participating in Priscilla Bacon Hospice’s Photography Competition should follow Government guidelines regarding Covid-19 and social distancing.